Look who's endorsing Fan Fanatic Sports

"Fan Fanatic Sports is a really good up and coming site. It's a good source to get team information and a good way to check up on your favorite players."

--RON BRACE
New England Patriots
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fan Fanatic Sports is your spot for up to date sports info for everything New England sports."

--RYAN DURAND
Tennessee Titans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Competition for WEEI? I am already a 98.5 Sports Hub Fan!

By Jim Ingram
Fan Fanatic Sports Staff
There was a gigantic shake up in the radio community of Boston yesterday. Without getting too much into the details, it looks like the radio frequency of 98.5 will become The Sports Hub. This will signify the very first FM Sports Talk radio station in Boston.
It's hard to say if this new station can take on the 800 guerrilla in the city, hello 850 WEEI, but it's good to see someone try. I am very happy The Toucher & Rich Show will be moving from the soon to be defunct WBCN to the 6-10 AM slot of The Sports Hub. I can't wait to listen to T&R without the disruption of music. The problem is who will be manning the station the rest of the day? I can't wait to listen to T&R without the disruption of music.
Well it looks like Mike Felger and Gary Tangauy will be hosting their own shows as well. I am a HUGE Felger fan, and have been hoping he got his own show on WEEI. He was the fill in co host of the Dennis & Callahan show last week and I loved every minute of it. He's a guy who's not afraid of ticking people off, and is a born contrarian like me. It looks like Felgy will be going head to head with The Big Show, which is barely listenable thanks in part to Glenn Ordway and Pete Shepherd. OK, enough of the Felger love show.
As for Tanguay, I don't watch CSN much, so I can't say anything about him. It looks like he'll be manning the midday show against Dale & Holley. I have to say that I am very much looking forward to this station. I can't wait and hope it does well. Of course, I will be doing my best to get this website associated with "The Sports Hub".
Potential Lineup:
Morning Drive - Toucher & Rich
Midday - Gary Tanguay
Afternoon Drive - Michael Felger
What do you think? Will you give the new sportstalk station a chance?
The first 3 people to comment on this story will recieve a free t-shirt

4 comments:

  1. Jimmy, correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you get EEI on FM? They have been on 103.7, 105.5 and 93.5.

    I hope there is room for another sports talk station, and would prefer listening to Felger over the Big Show. I liked it when he filled in for Dennis and Callahan and also for Dale Arnold a few weeks back. In some ways I would like to hear him team with Michael Holley more oftern.

    I don't know if it will last. Remember 1510 "The Zone." Felger had is own show there, and it only lasted a few months. 1510 just could not compete with WEEI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan,

    Yes, you're right. WEEI does have several FM stations now, but none of them are based in Boston. It's pure semantics, but that's what 98.5 The Sports Hub is saying. I actually do listen to 1510 the Zone just because the BU hockey team is broadcast on that station.

    I guess we'll have to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan,

    What size t-shirt do you want, and where should I send it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. XL, and send it to 379 Clark St, Gardner MA 01440. Thanks

    ReplyDelete