Look who's endorsing Fan Fanatic Sports

"Fan Fanatic Sports is a really good up and coming site. It's a good source to get team information and a good way to check up on your favorite players."

--RON BRACE
New England Patriots
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fan Fanatic Sports is your spot for up to date sports info for everything New England sports."

--RYAN DURAND
Tennessee Titans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Do you feel twenty years younger?

By Jim Ingram
Fan Fanatic Sports Staff

I am sorry, but I just couldn't resist.  I have been a big Ken Griffey Jr. fan since he broke into the bigs.  We've had some ups and downs over the years, but there's something about seeing him back in a Mariners uniform that makes me feel like a pre-teen again.  

When I turned on the MLB Network last night, I absolutely love that channel, to watch some highlights, I was immediately thrilled to see Griffey's blast off Francisco Liriano. Even now, I can't believe it's been a decade since his last game in Seattle.  It doesn't matter to me that he'll spend the majority of his time in either right field or on the bench as the DH.  I love to watch this man play the game of baseball.  The sweet swing still remains as well as that youthful smile.  Personally, I'd love to see him at DH all season and see the numbers he can put up.  I wouldn't be surprised with a .270, 30HR, 1o0 RBI season.  Would you?  Of course I'd be more surprised if he played 150 games.  

Either way, welcome back #24.  I can't wait until the 4th of July weekend so I can go watch him in Fenway.  Junior, just do me one favor.  Please be healthy to play that weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment