Look who's endorsing Fan Fanatic Sports

"Fan Fanatic Sports is a really good up and coming site. It's a good source to get team information and a good way to check up on your favorite players."

--RON BRACE
New England Patriots
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fan Fanatic Sports is your spot for up to date sports info for everything New England sports."

--RYAN DURAND
Tennessee Titans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Boston Marathon: Do you really care?

By Jim Ingram
Fan Fanatic Sports Staff
Today is the 113th running of the Boston Marathon.  I, for one, do not care one bit.  Am I a runner?Yes, I am.  I may not run as much as I used to, but I do like to run, especially in races. The longest race I've run is a half marathon which is 13.1 miles.  The longest run I've been on in my life was about 17 miles, so I have no doubt I could run a marathon if I wanted to.  The problem is I don't want to.  
The only reason I bring that info up is to let you know that I have nothing against runners or the sport.  I just don't have any interest in watching the Boston Marathon.  Do I really care that another Kenyan or Ethiopian wins the race?  No, and I am pretty sure that you don't either.  The only people who even care about the Marathon are those running it, or have friends and family running it.  So what if it's a Patriot day icon.  I'd much rather watch the 11 am Red Sox game in the comfort of my home than turn on Channel 4 and watch disgustingly thin people run 26.2 miles. What do you think about the Marathon?  I think people pretend to like it because that's what you're supposed to do when you live in the Boston area.  
Let FFS know what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment