Look who's endorsing Fan Fanatic Sports

"Fan Fanatic Sports is a really good up and coming site. It's a good source to get team information and a good way to check up on your favorite players."

--RON BRACE
New England Patriots
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fan Fanatic Sports is your spot for up to date sports info for everything New England sports."

--RYAN DURAND
Tennessee Titans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, May 31, 2010

This team would never lose a game

By Chad Garner
Fan Fanatic Sports Staff
I’ve been sitting around today in a fog, and started dreaming about the baseball Dream Team I’d assemble if I were GM of Team MLB. Here’s my dream team (subject to debate, of course), which includes eight positional players, a right-handed starter, left-handed starter and closer. They are all current MLB players, too.
Do you agree or disagree with me?
1B – Mark Teixeira (NYY) While Tex hasn’t currently gotten hot yet with the stick, the one aspect of his game that is always steaming is on defense. He’s got a great glove, yes he’s a Gold Glover, and saves the rest of that infield so many errors with great plays. He’s the best defensive first baseman, no doubt.
2B – Chase Utley (PHI) – Utley might not be the best defender in the world, but he’s a legit Hit Dog with plus power, especially at the second base position.
SS – Derek Jeter (NYY) – Go ahead and call me a homer, but Jeter can still get it done on offense and defense (I know his range has diminished a tad). But what separates him from most, is his ability to lead a ballclub. He’s my captain without a doubt.
3B – Evan Longoria (TB) – The 24-year-old can already do it all at a high level. He hasn’t even hit his prime yet. Now that’s scary.
C – Joe Mauer (MIN) – Is there a sweeter swing in the game right now that the Twins’ backstop? What’s so impressive is the grind that catchers have to battle through, and Mauer still manages to hit over .300 every year.
LF – Carl Crawford (TB) – Man, I just love Crawford’s speed. Five out of the last seven years, Crawford has swiped at least 50 bases. On my team, he’s got the green light to run whenever he wants.
CF – Matt Kemp (LAD) – He’s the best young player in baseball. He’s got all five tools, and he’s on the verge of stardom. Kemp is welcome on my team any day.
RF – Jason Heyward (ATL) – I know it might be a little early to crown Heyward, but the rookie has caught my eye with an above average OF arm and a great bat. I’d feel more comfortable if he put up great numbers for a few years, but I’ll roll the dice and say he’s going to be an All-Star very soon.
LHP – Jon Lester (BOS) – You probably thought I’d say CC Sabathia, but I’ll take Lester. The southpaw is a lot younger and I feel he still has upside, while we’ve already seen the best CC has to offer. If Lester didn’t stink so much the first month of every season, imagine the numbers he’d put up?
RHP – Roy Halladay (PHI), Tim Lincecum (SF) – I took the easy way out and selected two guys. Well, here’s my reasoning. If I want a premier veteran, Halladay is my choice hands-down. But if I want youth and power, Lincecum is my man. Either way, I can’t lose.
Closer – Mariano Rivera (NYY) – Rivera could be 90 years old, and if he’s still in the majors closing, I’m taking him. He’s a big game pitcher, having proven to do the job on the biggest stage many times, and not many still enjoy hitting that potent cutter. Really, is there anyone even close to Rivera? No way.

1 comment:

  1. I think Andre Ethier needs to be involved in any such conversation.

    ReplyDelete