Look who's endorsing Fan Fanatic Sports

"Fan Fanatic Sports is a really good up and coming site. It's a good source to get team information and a good way to check up on your favorite players."

--RON BRACE
New England Patriots
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fan Fanatic Sports is your spot for up to date sports info for everything New England sports."

--RYAN DURAND
Tennessee Titans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, September 5, 2009

The "Lawfirm" needs a roster spot

By Jim Ingram
Fan Fanatic Sports Staff
BenJarvis Green-Ellis has to be on the 53 man roster in my opinion. I know he put up 125 yards rushing last night against the scrubs of the NY Giants. It's the way he plays the game and attacks the line of scrimmage that make him an option for the Patriots. I am sick and tired of seeing Lawrence Maroney pitter patter to the line of scrimmage. If I wanted to watch a man dance, I'd tune into So You Think You Can Dance. The bottom line is I never want to see a man dance, unless it's Chad busting out to Vanilla Ice!
In case you didn't know, Green-Ellis totalled 249 yards in the 4 preseason games. That's pretty good, but it's the 5.1 yards per carry that get my attention. Once again, this needs to be tempered by the fact he played the bulk of the time during backups. Once again, I'll point to his style of play that will help him make this team. Based on Bill Belichick's comments after the game, it does look like the "Lawfirm" will make the team. It now appears the Patriots will carry 5 tailbacks again like they did last year. Maroney still has a relatively low salary, so there's now way you cut him. If the Patriots do decide to cut a back, watch out for Sammy Morris, but from everything I've seen and read, it looks like all 5 will remain with the team. Watch out this afternoon for the final roster cuts and see how I fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment