Look who's endorsing Fan Fanatic Sports

"Fan Fanatic Sports is a really good up and coming site. It's a good source to get team information and a good way to check up on your favorite players."

--RON BRACE
New England Patriots
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fan Fanatic Sports is your spot for up to date sports info for everything New England sports."

--RYAN DURAND
Tennessee Titans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, July 17, 2009

Tough Titan: Training Camp getting closer

By Chad Garner
Fan Fanatic Sports Staff
Nothing has really changed for Ryan Durand since last week.
He's still training, going to the gym and then heading home to relax.
Right now, there's no football on his plate.
But his mindset is going to change real soon and then it'll be football all the time, in hopes of making the Tennessee Titans as a 7th-round rookie draft pick.
"The last week before (he flies back to Tennessee for Training Camp which officially starts on July 31) I'll start thinking about it," said Durand, who played his college football at Syracuse University.
But Durand knows the time to turn on the football switch is right around the corner.
"I'm definitely trying to be in the best shape I can be in," he said. "I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best ... that's the way I always do it."
At his house, Durand has his football bible -- a notebook filled with information that he took down during team meetings. 
"I haven't looked at it too much," Durand said.
Inside that notebook are tips and the fine details of the plays he'll need to know about for his offensive line assignments.
"Those are the little details you have to know," Durand said.
The feeling of being drafted into the National Football League has obviously worn off the offensive guard, however.
"I'm very realistic with people and say, 'Yes, it's exciting but I haven't made the team yet,'" Durand said.
But Durand is already visualizing what will help him make the Titans.
"I'm going to go out every day and try to get better, try to show the coaches that I've got something to offer to keep me around," Durand said.
Regardless of where he goes, Durand always stays motivated because of that giant chip on his shoulder.
"Why change what got me here?," he said. "I guess that's the way I take on adversity. I take it on with a chip on my shoulder. That's the way I've always approached things."



No comments:

Post a Comment