Look who's endorsing Fan Fanatic Sports

"Fan Fanatic Sports is a really good up and coming site. It's a good source to get team information and a good way to check up on your favorite players."

--RON BRACE
New England Patriots
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fan Fanatic Sports is your spot for up to date sports info for everything New England sports."

--RYAN DURAND
Tennessee Titans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, July 13, 2009

Fantasy Baseball: Chin Music

By Chad Garner
Fan Fanatic Sports Staff
It's just like a quick jab to the gut. It catches you off guard, you groan for a minute (or longer depending on the size of the fist) and then you've got to brush yourself off and get back on that horse.
So is the life in fantasy baseball. You see, that quick body blow that doesn't completely knock you out is just like a pitcher who completely implodes and makes you want to cut him on the spot.
You know you've been there. 
I've been there way too often, but 9 times out of 10 I don't hit that drop button and sometimes get rewarded for not acting so quickly. But then again, there are times where my slow trigger finger (most would say I don't have one) comes back to bite me as that pitcher I was going to send down the river comes back 5 days later -- or the next day for a reliever -- and has an even worse outing.
Those are the times where you wish someone would just knock you out cold.
ARROYO MUST GO ...NO, NOT YET
Cincinnati's Bronson Arroyo --with his pretty blonde flowing locks -- had given up five or more earned runs in his previous three starts -- and I should have cut him after killing me for three starts -- but I didn't and was rewarded with a long overdue complete-game, four-hit shutout on Friday at the Mets. But if he get blasted again, what should I do? Arroyo's real streaky, so I bet he'll be solid for a few more starts and then go back in the tank.
What will I do when he bombs again? Stay tuned.
HOWELL AT THE MOON
Tampa Bay's J.P. Howell has become a great bargain closer lately, but when you're night's ERA is 20.25 after yielding three earned runs on four hits in 1 1/3 innings, it tends to leave a bad taste in your mouth. Should I cut him on the spot? No way, everyone --at least in fantasy-- deserves a second chance.
WINNING AT WHAT COST?
Thank you Minnesota's Scott Baker for getting a win vs. the White Sox last night, but you left a hand print on my face after that major slap. A 7.11 game ERA isn't what I'm looking for heading into the All-Star break, but at least the WHIP (1.11) was workable.


No comments:

Post a Comment