Look who's endorsing Fan Fanatic Sports

"Fan Fanatic Sports is a really good up and coming site. It's a good source to get team information and a good way to check up on your favorite players."

--RON BRACE
New England Patriots
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fan Fanatic Sports is your spot for up to date sports info for everything New England sports."

--RYAN DURAND
Tennessee Titans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, May 29, 2009

Sorry I'm Late

By Erik Pesta
Fan Fanatic Sports Staff

I know I haven't posted in a couple of days - I've been on vacation from work and prepping for my daughter's second birthday party. I know it's no excuse, but hey, the women in my life like to run it. Anyhoo, some thoughts on the last couple of days:

  • Holy crap, Dice-K. Throw another wild pitch in an awful situation, why don't you? It's hard enough to watch you pitch in the first place, you don't need to bring stuff like that into the equation. I honestly can't stand watching this guy throw for five innings (and God knows, that's all you're getting out of him). I'm sick and tired of all the three-ball counts, which half the time are full counts. This guy just doesn't get it. THROW STRIKES. I know he's won 33 games his first two years in the majors. He's not fooling anybody anymore. The Red Sox were crazy to invest $100M in this guy. He's not getting any better, his priorities are in the wrong place (opting for WBC over getting ready for the MLB season), and maybe - just maybe - the hype was just that. Hype.
  • Jason Varitek took a lot of heat from a lot of people when he re-signed with Boston, myself included. I didn't think he had anything left in the tank. I was wrong. He's been tremendous during the first eight weeks of the season, capped off by a stunning two-homer game in Minnesota yesterday. His latest round-tripper was hit to a place that I'm guessing not too many fans expect a ball to land. That was a majestic shot, one that put the Sox ahead by a run, and showed off the awesome strength of the captain.
  • Why can't Jonathan Papelbon just have a clean inning, like, once every five times out? I'm starting to worry about this. I understand that closers are going to give up runs and blow saves once in a while. But he's putting guys on and giving up home runs at an alarming rate. I want my closer to be lights out. Papelbon has been anything but this season, and it is going to come back to bite the Sox, mark my words. I used to have 100% confidence when he came into a game but not anymore. He still has the signature heat, but it seems like the league may have caught onto something. Hitters seem to be on his fastball more than they should be.
  • This Red Sox team has a lot more holes than I originally thought. The starting pitching, quite honestly, has sucked. The offense has been OK, but not great. The defense hasn't exactly been stellar. The only constant has been the bullpen. If this team is going to have a shot at the division, not to mention the World Series, Theo needs to get going on some moves. This team, as currently constructed, doesn't have enough to win it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment