Look who's endorsing Fan Fanatic Sports

"Fan Fanatic Sports is a really good up and coming site. It's a good source to get team information and a good way to check up on your favorite players."

--RON BRACE
New England Patriots
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fan Fanatic Sports is your spot for up to date sports info for everything New England sports."

--RYAN DURAND
Tennessee Titans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gutless Red Sox don't retaliate!

By Jim Ingram
Fan Fanatic Sports Staff
First and foremost, I'd love to establish the fact that I am neither a Yankees nor a Joba Chamberlain fan. It's my opinion that Joba the Hutt is a punk, albeit a talented punk. I ripped Joba a few weeks ago for being a headhunter, but want to be a fair and balanced writer.  I have no problem with him hitting Jason Bay last night.  It wasn't Kevin Youkilis so he didn't throw at his head.  You can argue whether or not it's "right" to intentionally hit someone after hitting a home run off you, but given the context of the game I don't mind it. Jason Bay has been a Yankee killer of late and Joba was just looking to cool him off a bit.
What I do have a problem with is no one on the Red Sox retaliating to an obvious intentional beaning. Don't blame Josh Beckett, though. It was too close of a game for him to plunk someone. The Sox needed to hit someone later in the game after they were up 7-3. You have a very deep bullpen, so why don't use one of them? I really don't understand it. Pitchers need to step up and take care of position players. It's just one of those unwritten rules. I am not saying this is going to tear the fabric of the clubhouse apart for the Sox, but something needed to be done.
I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens the next time these two foes face off.

No comments:

Post a Comment