Look who's endorsing Fan Fanatic Sports

"Fan Fanatic Sports is a really good up and coming site. It's a good source to get team information and a good way to check up on your favorite players."

--RON BRACE
New England Patriots
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fan Fanatic Sports is your spot for up to date sports info for everything New England sports."

--RYAN DURAND
Tennessee Titans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, May 8, 2009

Durand getting his shot with Titans


By Chad Garner
Fan Fanatic Sports Staff
Former St. Bernard's Central Catholic High School (Fitchburg, Mass.)  star Ryan Durand, who played his college football at Syracuse University, was all smiles by the end of the NFL Draft. 
In the 7th and final round, Durand got that magical phone calling letting him know that he was the newest member of the Tennessee Titans.
"It was kind of nerve-wracking and kind of exciting," said Durand, who was chosen with the 239th overall selection. "It was a complete surprise. They called me 10 picks before their pick and said that if I'm still on the board when they pick, they were going to take me."
The reason why Durand, a smart, tough and athletic 6-foot-5, 305-pound guard, was shocked was because he didn't have any contact with the Titans throughout the whole draft process. Durand was thinking he'd either get selected by the Bears, Browns, Packers or Panthers, or sign a free-agent contract after the draft.
"I was happy because I really wasn't expecting anything," said Durand, who took part in rookie camp last weekend in Nashville, Tenn.
During rookie camp, from Thursday to Saturday, Durand had to sit through several meetings, including positional meetings and things pro athletes can expect when they're rookies in the NFL. He also had three practices with the drafted players and free-agent pickups and workouts in the weight room. 
"I thought I grasped (the meetings) very well," Durand said. "They didn't overload us at all. It had about 10 running players and five passes."
Durand did position drills with only the offensive linemen -- fourth-round pick Troy Kropog, a tackle from Tulane, and South Florida free agent guard Ryan Schmidt.
"I feel like I compare very well to the other draft pick and free agent," Durand said. "We all have our strengths and weaknesses. I didn't feel like I was in over my head."
Durand's plan to stick with the Titans is simple: He's going to work as hard as he can to earn the trust of the coaching staff.
Hard work is the only thing he knows.
"My overall expectation is just to go in there and do my best," he said. "I really have no idea what to expect."
The one thing you really need to know about Durand -- the player -- is you want him on your team, you don't want to have to play against him.
"There's definitely and on- and off-field personality," Durand said. "Some people (on the field) refer to me as a mean SOB. I'm definitely very aggressive. I'm not a dirty player, but I'm going to try to mash your face into the ground. I take pride in fighting in the trenches."
Durand also gives credit to his girlfriend, Sarah Marden, a 2005 St. Bernard's graduate.
"I couldn't have done it without her," Durand said.
Durand reports back to Tennessee on May 17 for six weeks of organized team activities. Training camp open at the end of July.

(PHOTO / Syracuse University Athletic Communications)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never read this. It really was foolish of me to accredit one of my ex girlfriends sarah,to me making it to the Pro's. I was just being a good boyfriend at the time by mentioning her in an interview because she wanted me too. I would appreciate you taking that out of this interview as this does come up in google & it really is a disgrace to all the hard work I've done to get to the Pro's. As an interviewer I am sure you understand and know that a temporary girlfriend shouldn't be accredited in a interview because relationships in college rarely last. Appreciate if you take that out, I was an idiot for mentioning her to make her happy. I am in a better place now. Thanks

    ReplyDelete