Look who's endorsing Fan Fanatic Sports

"Fan Fanatic Sports is a really good up and coming site. It's a good source to get team information and a good way to check up on your favorite players."

--RON BRACE
New England Patriots
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fan Fanatic Sports is your spot for up to date sports info for everything New England sports."

--RYAN DURAND
Tennessee Titans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, April 24, 2009

The New Guy

Hey there! My name's Erik. I'm the new guy here at Fan Fanatic Sports, and I'll be covering the Sox. Before I get started, I'd like to thank Jim and the boys at the site for the opportunity to contribute my thoughts.

I will try to post a few times a week, and do my best to be as objective as possible. One thing you won't get from me is a sugar coating. Those are reserved for funnel cakes, fried dough, and other forms of carnival deliciousness. Sugar coats have no place in a sports blog. I call 'em how I see 'em. For example, Josh Beckett threw at Abreu's head a couple weeks ago. There is no way a rational human being can look at the tape and think otherwise. It didn't slip and he wasn't throwing it to the backstop. He was in the wrong and deserved the suspension. I love the Sox, but I'm not going to blindly defend them when they do something stupid or just plain stink.

Anyhoo, now that I've introduced myself Humpty-style, a few thoughts on the young season:

  1. Kevin Youkilis is a bonafide star. He can flat out rake and flash the leather with the best of them. He got a well deserved contract that will take him just past his prime, and for relatively short money. Great job by Theo to get him locked up.
  2. David Ortiz might be washed up, folks. His bat looks slow and he's homerless 15 games into the season. Not good news for a guy who contributes zero defensively and can't run. He needs to be moved to the lower part of the lineup where he's not counted on as much to drive in runs. Why not switch Papi and Bay? Tito will stand by his man because that's what Tito does, and if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt it's Ortiz, but I just hope Francona sees the writing on the wall sooner rather than later.
  3. I hate the WBC. Not because it's a farce, but because it puts players' employers in a tough spot and potentially ruins their MLB seasons. Since it's Selig's baby, the Sox ownership feels compelled to be good company men and allow their players to participate. Only thing is, what does Japan care if they're running Dice-K out there too much and leaving him out there too long? They aren't paying him. So now the Sox get a $100 million, top of the rotation guy on the DL with a dead arm after two starts. Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Looking forward to a great weekend of Sox/Yanks and beautiful weather. Let's just hope Joba doesn't put one in Youk's ribs. Although, if he does we could have a good, old fashioned fracas on our hands. Those are always fun.

2 comments:

  1. Erik - you sound like a cool cat and I'm looking forward to your perspectives on the sox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard Erik, glad you're part of the Fan Fanatic Sports Staff!

    ReplyDelete