Look who's endorsing Fan Fanatic Sports

"Fan Fanatic Sports is a really good up and coming site. It's a good source to get team information and a good way to check up on your favorite players."

--RON BRACE
New England Patriots
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fan Fanatic Sports is your spot for up to date sports info for everything New England sports."

--RYAN DURAND
Tennessee Titans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Big East Matchup in the NCAA Finals

By Jim Ingram
Fan Fanatic Sports Staff

March Madness is here! To be perfectly honest, March and April are the only two months of the year I watch College Basketball. Of the four major sports, basketball is the one I enjoy and know about the least. With that being said, I absolutely love the NCAA Basketball Tournament. This is the best thing the NCAA does.

It's the time of year college basketball fanatics, casual fans, and the the women at work who picks the team with the prettiest colors or cutest mascot fill out their brackets. Of course I am not different. I have filled out 3 brackets this year, but will only be talking about the Final Four from the bracket that can fill my pockets the most.

The Final Four
Connecticut vs. Louisville
Many people are saying that UCONN has a chance to be bounced, and become the first #1 seed to lose to a #16. I won't have anything to do with that. I also like them because so many "experts" think they won't make it that far in the tournament. As someone you loves to do the opposite of most people, I actually think they'll beat Louisville and make it to the Finals. The Huskies took down Louisville in the regular season and will do so again in the Tournament. Sorry Slick Rick.

Pittsburgh vs. North Carolina
This is Jamie Dixon's year. While I like the talent of UNC, I am not sure Ty Lawson will have that triumphant a return to take them to the finals. Pitts is a strong, physical team that has battled Big East teams all year to this point. As long as the referees don't hand UNC the game, I think the tough, physical style of Pitt will be too much for them to handle.

Championship Game
Connecticut vs. Pittsburgh
The Panthers won the two previous meetings this year during the regular season. While it's hard to beat someone three times in a season in any sport, I predict Pitt will once again top the UCONN Huskies.

Maybe next year I'll fill out my brackets with a dart board and even blindfolded. I bet I could do just as well as I've done in previous years.

Here's to hoping the Pitt Panthers make me look like a genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment